Friday, September 30, 2011

Year One

No, not the movie.....

But the first year that I have been living the dream (my dream at least).

The first year I could go to the beach whenever I wanted.

The first year I could wear shorts and a tank on christmas.

The first year I actually felt like I was where I belong.

Growing up, I had all these dreams of how amazing it would be to live in SoCal. I dreamed of walking the beach on foggy mornings, meeting people who were one with the ocean, and so comfortable in their surroundings. I dreamed of rolling green hills, warm sunny days, light jackets in the crisp evenings, swaying palm trees, and much much more.



I was surprised, though, that every single one of those dreams came true.

SoCal and surpassed my expectations, which has led me to believe that I can never leave this place.

The people here are so friendly, and I feel like they really get me.


There are of course a few things I miss about Northern AZ, like monsoon season, low rent rates, and curling up by the fire.

But nothing beats waking up in the morning, and going outside to the freshest scent in the world, and dew drops all over everything. Spiderwebs glisten, and you honestly feel like you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

It has been an amazing Year One here in San Diego.

I have a great job.
Great friends.
Amazing apartment.

(off our porch)


This year flew by like you couldn't imagine.





And I can't wait for many more years here in Paradise.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray! The California girl is home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! So glad you've been able to live out your dreams! Sure do miss ya though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you HAVE been living the dream. I am jealous! =-) Thanks for your kind words! ps. San Diego is amazing. wish i was there right now!

    ReplyDelete