Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall Cleaning

Well, we are soaking up the last few days of summer, and Fall is among us. 

Fall has become one of my favorite seasons, leaving me dreaming of pumpkins, colorful leaves, and cool crisp air. 

(even though, living in San Diego now means the temperature only drops from the high 80's to the mid 70's, but still)

And I have always despised "Spring Cleaning"....

Maybe its because I hate spring with its wind, and bugs, and pollen floating around. 
And does it really make sense to deep clean everything RIGHT before the season of being outside. The season where there are sure to be masses of sand, dirt, and chlorine covered bodies tracing in and out of the house?? 
Not to mention monsoon season which leaves everything muddy...

Turning our homes right back into the mess it was before the inevitable "Spring Cleaning". 

Well I wont do it. (not that I ever really did...)

AND, I'm going on a limb and trying my own thing: Fall Cleaning. 

I will wipe away the mess from that sweet, sweet, sweaty, sticky summer. Leaving the house crisp and clean for the Fall/Winter seasons, where I can curl up with some cocoa by the fire and watch the.....trees.? 

A girl can dream right?
Here, let me try to set the mood
(borrowed images)
Eh...I tried

Anyhoo, this is my Fall Cleaning List:
Scrub (and I mean SCRUB) the grill
Clean off the porch
Go through all the stacks of papers from the last year and get rid of them or file them
Clean out/stock the fridge
Get rid of the 'ol text books
Gather all the clothes that I don't wear or don't fit me, and give them to Good-Will
Wash out the iced chest
Dust
Decorate
Scrub the Bathrooms
Rearrange
etc., etc.

My biggest goal lately is to get rid of things that are not of importance. I am so tired of having so much "stuff". 

My pack rat days are over.

Do you have any cleaning/chores you need to get done?
Maybe a haul of boxes before the snow?


So long summer. You were bitter-sweet, as always.
Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Love the fall pics-- it's a darned good thing I like fall 'cause I hate HATE to see summer go.

    Guess I ought to write a fall list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY FALL! My fave season along with winter. I'm definitely planning on doing a mass cleaning- washing the walls (that sounds overly OCD but dude I swear my walls are smudged all to hell) organizing my spice cabinet and fridge and pantry, rearranging (Even though I JUST did this haha), cleaning the curtains, lint rolling all the furniture, breaking down Lily's crib and putting a big girl bed in instead, etc. etc. etc. Geez, you pretty much inspired me to write my own post about this lol!

    <3 ya girl.

    ReplyDelete