Wednesday, November 18, 2009

do you ever....

Do you ever find the perfect present for someone. the PERFECT present.  Like all these years around christmas time, you had spent hours looking for a present this person would at least like, or find use of, and you the found the perfect one..... but then you remember they passed away a little while back.  almost makes you wanna get it anyway.

Or what about putting something somewhere where you know you wont find it in forever.  but you put it there anyway.  Like today.  I love those free itunes songs cards you can get from starbucks.  I got one today, and put it in the back pocket of my pants (that i hardly wear) with this exactly thougth going through my head "i wonder how long it will take me to find this card again....hmmm". 

OR that random cute store.  You always walk past it and make a mental note to stop there someday.  But why not just stop there now?  You're obviously not in that much of a hurry, because you are walking, but still you pass it and put it on the back burner. once again. 

why do we do these things i wonder.... or maybe i only do them. hmmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone! I still see things, mostly movies, that remind me of my dad so much and I say to myself, 'God my dad would LOVE this movie...' It's a sad feeling knowing that the true meaning of forever is upon you.

    Also, I ALWAYS do that with my bobby pins. I'll put them in some weird place and say, 'Man, I know I'll never remember where these are the next time I need them...' yet I put them there anyway. I started out with 99 bobby pins and am left with 6, 3 of which are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha how does that always happen! i have to buy my bobby pins in mass quantity.

    ReplyDelete