Friday, July 29, 2011

The Hunger Games

I recently read a book, for the very first time,

              The Hunger Games
                (The first book)
And during those two in a half days it took me to read it (I never read books that fast), it consumed my soul.

WARNING- If you have not read this book, and you plan to I will be talking about some character traits and struggles that may be best discovered by reading the book yourself. There will be no story line plot spoilers.

The book was all I could think about during those days, and a few days after. The characters and scenery that  the author portrayed were so rich (in characteristics, not money) and real. Although the book is set in a sort of alternate reality, you can't help but feel that the situations are realistic and heart wrenching.

In the moments I wasn't reading the pages of the book, I was constantly watching and noting my surroundings. When outdoors I felt as though I was going out to hunt my game, and I was constantly watching my back; survival mode. I started questioning my peers, and my trust with them. I wondered how different those people would be if our world was like the world in the book. I was confident I could take on any battle at any point and time.

(I have a very large imagination)

I absolutely loved the main character, Katniss. Not only was her name unique and symbolical, but she was realistic and raw, yet hopeful.
It was hard to earn her trust or catch her smile.
She was honest and upfront.
I couldn't help thinking that I would be similar to her if I was in her situation.
I also couldn't help thinking how thrilling and real being in her situation would be. I would never be bored, and life would feel so important and edgy.

I also know that it would be very painful, physically and emotionally. And if I was ever put in a position like hers, I would regret thinking that in an instant.

This book is an easy reading level, and if you have not read it yet (and you are still reading this post...) you should defiantly check it out.

It was absolutely wonderful, and I can't wait to read the other books.

   Good luck in  your journey through the Hunger Games,
          And may the odds ever be in your favor.

4 comments:

  1. MUST READ THESE BOOKS NOW! Seriously, I can't wait. I've heard nothing but good, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED THEM! Made my hubs read them, too! The 3rd one pisses me off (we can talk about that later.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you read it in two and a half days I MUST read it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, check them out!

    Uh oh, the third book..

    ReplyDelete